Monday, 11 February 2013
Skinnnnnnnnny bitch food.
Idk why but I haven't really wanted to blog. I've had loads of ideas mostly food related... I'm trying to put weight on so all I've been thinking about is food.. Mmmm... Fooooooooood... I've always been a really fussy eater. My Maa was always trying to find ways to get me to eat. She tried giving me more food after a certain amount of time, she tried giving me treats every time I ate quickly, she tried everything she ever could but she just couldn't get me to like and eat food as I got older I just made it worse. Refusing to eat, hiding food, skipping meals where ever and when ever I could. I made myself quite ill, now I'm a good little girl and I try to eat regular meals and snack as much as I can, I drink water all the time so I'm doing better.
So, yeah as in past posts I have mentioned that I am not exactly the domestic goddess I like to pretend I am - my cooking is based on quick and easy. So I came up with this sardine and potato dish. It is so easy and so filling. This serves one.
You will need:
- a tin of Sardines (oily or tomatoey... eww toma-TOEY...toes)
- lemon juice (bottled or freshly squeezed... )
- mixed herbs (you can get them in a shaker pot from like every supermarket)
- 2 or 3 relatively big potatoes (normal or blue ;D)
- salt (normal, sea or you can make some from the tears you have cried out of laughter you have wept reading my amazing blog)
- ground pepper (I have no funny comment to make here)
- oil (vegetable, olive, rapeseed - why is it called that, it's a horrid name, palm, soybean, sunflower, peanut, corn... umm... I can't think of anymore.. can you?
- baking tray (cookies later?)
- an oven proof dish bowl thing (if you don't have one you can make one out of foil very easily- it saves up on the washing, same goes for baking tray actually)
- preheat your oven (quite high, I just put it on full)
- grab your sardines, if you are using oily ones drain the oil as must as you can by just squeezing the lid down and holding it over the kitchen sink... or your room mates bed, if you are using tomatoey ones then just tip them into you oven proof dish (makeshift or real) and then tip as much lemon as you like on, sprinkle some mixed herbs on it and then some salt and you are done!
- your potatoes need to be cut like into relatively thick slices, then cut in half and half again so you have little potato quartery things. Or whatever shape you please. Then wash them in a colander or bowl or whatever and then dry them in a tea towel (they need to be dry!) Then drizzle whatever oil you have/like be generous - everything needs a good coating, then a a sprinkling of mixed herbs and salt and mix it all up so everything is all nicely coated and even.
- put them both in the oven. It doesn't take long about 15 mins for the sardines and 23.2mins for the potatoes. The sardines just need a turning over once or twice and if it looks a little dry just add a little more lemon or tinned tomato depending on what you are using. The potatoes need turning and mixing to make sure they cook evenly when they look a little golden, take a chunk that looks kinda bigger than the rest and just cut it open to check if it's cooked- it should be quite fluffy inside and a little crispy outside.
- Plate up and nom - it couldn't actually be any simpler. Yummy and easy.
Seriously this is so easy. It can be switched up to be really fancy by just changing the fish you used and seasoning it a bit different.